Home Page

Who can young people or parents contact with concerns and how do we handle complaints about the provision of SEN? What support services are available to parents & where can the Local Authority offer be found?


Who can young people or parents contact with concerns and how do we handle complaints about provision of SEN?

Young people:

If you are worried about something you can talk to or ask for help from:

  • Staff in your class
  • Kate Wood or Julie Rawlings - Assistant Heads
  • Claire Moore or Kelly Dryden - Deputy Heads
  • Janet Thompson - Headteacher

Parents and Carers:

Parents are welcome to discuss any difficulties involving their pupils with the Headteacher, one of the deputy headteachers or the class teacher as appropriate. In addition the pastoral team will help parents with any issues, problems or concerns relating to their child, whether that be about school or about anything else. The school has a complaints policy.


What support services are available to parents and where can the local authority local offer be found?

Young people:

Support from Leicestershire County Council just for you - http://www.sendiassleicester.org.uk/support-young-people


Parents and Carers:

Leicestershire Local Offer - https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/special-educational-needs-and-disability


Leicestershire Council independent advice:



Leicestershire SENDIASS were formerly known as parent partnership and provide advice and support including for EHC plans and useful resources and organisations.


SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS Leicestershire)

Telephone: 0116 305 5614

(Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Friday 9am to 4pm)

Email: sendiass@leics.gov.uk


Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA)



The contacts are provided for information only. Dorothy Goodman school does not accept any liability for the content or advice provided by these services.